Monday, February 4, 2013

Meet Ms. Gautsche

We welcome Ms. Gautsche to our room=).  She will be with us for 8 weeks completing her student teaching experience.  She currently attends EMU and will graduate in the spring.  We look forward to experiencing new and exciting things in the art room!


Hi!  My name is Laci Gautsche and I have the great privilege of Student Teaching with Ms. Swortzel for 8 weeks here at JFHMS.  We have some really exciting projects in the plans for my time here, and I am so eager to continue working with a great bunch of students.  Here is a bit of information about myself: I will be graduating this coming May from Eastern Mennonite University.  My favorite artistic medium is painting, but I also enjoy working with clay and doing other mixed media work.  In my spare time I like to go for walks, make cards, and plan for my upcoming wedding in July.  I have been greatly inspired by a 4 month cross cultural experience to South Africa and Lesotho in 2011.  While there, I lived with several host families, learned the Sesotho language, and experienced the educational system.  I came back inspired to continue teaching young people.  It is my goal to be a caring educator who strives to give students sustainable experiences (learning experiences that will inspire them to keep learning throughout life.)  I am so excited for all that is to come in these next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment